PLANT SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SUPERVISOR
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Plant Safety, Health & Environmental Supervisor
What is the main purpose of the role?
As part of the supervising team, the SHE supervisor team takes ownership of all SHE Systems at the location.
The SHE supervisor is responsible for the development, implementation support, maintenance and continuous improvement of Health, Safety & Environmental management systems at Bunge Amsterdam.
You are a specialist in Health, Safety & Environmental matters and will assist and advise the supervising team on the implementation and improvement of the SHE systems.
What will you do?
After you implemented the SHE managements systems, you will be the responsible person to follow-up on compliance with relevant standards and guidelines. You will ensure that the location complies with business unit objectives, customer requirements and relevant legislation. You will translate and implement Bunge’s standards into effective and practical local processes, procedures and practices.
During the process, you are responsible for the analysis and reporting. You will follow these reports up with corrective or preventive actions, stimulate awareness, and facilitate training and improvement processes.
- Coordinate and execute audits, risk assessments and define control measures to reduce the risks to an acceptable level (customers, internal, certifying, external partners/suppliers) and review results.
- Develop and monitor the operational control of the environmental management system of the plant considering all vectors / environmental aspects (water, emissions, waste, noise, soil, etc.)
- Liaise with internal, external and governmental organizations in the field of Health, Safety & Environment to ensure proper SHE management.
- Assist by Accident and Incident investigations to ensure that the basic causes are defined so adequate actions can be taken.
- Establish, communicate and support training needed for good execution of the SHE program.
- Process the safety figures and analyze to define proper actions
- Conduct safety inspections to very proper implementation.
- Takes ownership of the site SHE plan leading to high performance in SHE
- Keeps momentum in SHE matters at the site as to assure that SHE plan is rolled out on a regular and systematic way.
- Evaluate compliance with environmental legislation
- Carry out the elaboration and update of the environmental risk map of the plant
- Identify, evaluate and update the inventory of environmental aspects of the factory
- Provide environmental training to the rest of the plant team to train specific skills and behaviors to reduce environmental risk and environmental impact
- Perform environmental formalities required by the Competent Administration.
- Ensure an effective process to report and investigate accidents, incidents or potential environmental impact situations, support the investigations of the cases and follow up on the actions taken.
- Develop, update and maintain an effective process to inform the environmental indicators derived from the environmental pyramid
- Participate in audits of the environmental and sustainability system and follow up on derivative actions
- Defending / overcoming environmental inspections carried out by the Competent Administration
- Support / justify CAPEX-environment projects
- Actively participate in the environmental groups within the Bunge organization, exchanging environmental best practices
- Develop and implement environmental improvements and new initiatives that can strengthen the management system
- Control the wastewater
Who are you?
You are an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and bring good organization and training skills. Problems are there to solve and you possess a decision-making attitude. You are a structured team player, who knows how to motivate other people. As a person, you like to work independent as well as interact with the plant employees. All this, you do with a positive and constructive attitude. In summary, you have the ability to collect, inform, analyze and monitor data in a timely and accurate manner to support decision-making at the operational level. You bring the relevant competencies in carrying out and administering environmental audits and inspections.
What do you bring?
- Relevant Bachelor education: HVK (Hogere veiligheidskunde) or HBO technical senior or technical engineer with a specialty in chemistry or environmental / graduate in chemical or environmental sciences
- Five years of relevant experience in Safety & Health
- National legal systems and H&S legal requirements and main standards
- Preferred training received on Ergonomics, Noise, Chemical handling
- General knowledge of EC Legislation on SHE, and main standards
- Experience in ISO 14001 and Sustainability systems (ISS, 2BSvs)
- Experience in environmental position in the production facility (minimum 2 years)
- Accident Investigation techniques (RCA)
- Process Safety Management System
- Knowledge of wastewater system, as well as the operation of them
- Knowledge of environmental legislation from European Union, Country and region
- Knowledge of legislation related to greenhouse gases
- Advanced knowledge of Windows
- More than 3 years’ experience in industrial production/processing environment
- Experience in construction and design safety
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Information & Application
For more information you can reach out to Rob Mak (Talent Acquisition Manager) via email@example.com.
If you are looking for more information about Bunge, please visit bunge.com
If you are interested in the position, we would like to receive your CV and motivation via the ''Apply'' button.