DEVOPS AUTOMATION BADASS
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
|Carriereniveau||Ervaren/Midcareer, Senior management|
DevOps Automation Badass
Or like we call it: Senior DevOps Automation engineer
Some job titles can be misleading. Especially in the tech industry. That's why we offer clear titles all leading towards a clear goal: fossil free living within one generation.
Read more and join us on the way there: careers.vattenfall.com/campaigns/epic-titles/
At Vattenfall, we don’t just 'do energy', we exist to help our customers power their lives in ever climate smarter ways and free from fossil fuel within one generation. If you are looking for interesting experience and the opportunity to be part of this change, then join our diverse and talented team and make a difference!
For our office in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg or Gliwice we are looking for a Senior DevOps Automation engineer.
In your role as Hands-On Senior DevOps Automation engineer you will provide guidance on the build of solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of the Automation platform. As Senior DevOps Automation engineer you need to balance service reliability, platform development and delivery speed. You will work with the team in building software delivery pipelines, deploy and monitor services, respond to alerts & notifications and learn from incidents. This is a role within the Central Automation team with an end-to-end responsibility across the entire platform.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Build software pipelines, deploy and monitor services, respond to alerts & notifications
- A Guide to the team when it comes to automation topics with best practices, defining frameworks, organizing workshops, etc.
- Automation expert who can deliver orchestrated workflows within the right process leveraging CI/CD, DevSecOps, Software Development Lifecycle and the vRealize Suite along with other 3rd party systems to achieve it
- Working with the engineers from network/storage/compute/applications etc. to develop & maintain the automations
- Developing, releasing and supporting automation code for the SDDC platform
- Taking end to end responsibility for the automation platform and related services
Your profile as a Senior DevOps Automation engineer
- Bachelor degree in IT or equal qualification
- Experience with the VMware stack. Especially vRealize Automation & Orchestrator 7.x/8.x
- Writing Workflows and Actions in VMware vRealize Orchestrator 8.x
- Knowledge/Experience with industry standard automation tools. Ansible, Terraform, Saltstack etc.
- Knowledge/Experience with Collaboration stack i.e., Source Code Management tools (Gitlab, AzureDevOps.), Issue Tracking tools, CI/CD pipelines etc.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Effective communication skills in English, both verbally and written
What we can offer you
- Exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology
- We do not only support but we strive for continuous learning as we believe this is key
- Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere
- We offer good compensation, healthy work-life balance, high amount of leave days, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Plenty of other benefits among others: NS Business Card, job bike subsidy, Stichting Algemeen Burgerlijk Pensioenfonds (ABP), collective accident insurance etc
- Flexibility in working hours, both full-time and part-time basis is possible as well as working from home for up to ~50% of your working time
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus. Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
Within Vattenfall, Business Area (BA) Markets optimizes assets and effectively sources and trades commodities, thus ensuring best value for both Vattenfall and our customers. BA Markets is active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
Within BA Markets the mission of the Unit OU Operations is to drive the digital transformation. OU Operations consists of diverse and highly skilled employees from more than 20 countries. We work internationally from our locations in Stockholm, Hamburg and Amsterdam.
The location of this position is Amsterdam, Solna, Berlin or Katowice.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the recruiter Valentijn Berkien via phone +316 385 645 52. Please apply directly via the application form on our website. We welcome your application in English, including CV.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Agency calls are not appreciated.